Chiropractic is a health profession specialising in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the effects of these disorders on the functioning of the nervous system and general health.
Chiropractic is one of the most popularly used forms of manual therapy worldwide as it does not use drugs or other consumable medication. It offers great potential for cost-effective management of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disorders.Read More
Chiropractors are trained to diagnose, treat, manage and prevent disorders of the musculoskeletal system (bones, joints, and muscles), as well as the effects these disorders can have on the nervous system and general health.
Chiropractic care can help to reduce and/or eliminate the symptoms associated with various afflictions, including:
- Neck pain;
- Lower back pain;
- Headaches and migraines;
- Spinal disc injuries such as disc herniation;
- Sports-related injuries;
- Pregnancy-related pain;
- Colic and/or reflux in babies;
- Sprains; and
- Joint pain
As chiropractic is a non-invasive treatment option, anyone can benefit from chiropractic care, including:
- Babies and children who suffer from spinal problems as they grow older and their nervous system adapts.
- Pregnant women – chiropractors can help ensure an easier delivery and minimise backache.
- Office workers who often sit in front of a computer for extended periods of time. Computer work often results in back and/or neck problems because of poor posture and very little physical exercise.
- The elderly who have years of wear and tear on the body which can leave them more susceptible to different spinal problems.
- Athletes who want to improve their performance, and/or constant athletic stress on the body can lead to sprain or strain injuries.
About Dr. Humby
Dr Humby completed her Master’s degree in Chiropractic at the University of Johannesburg. While she was at UJ she was a member of the chiropractic sports council where she treated patients at various events such as the Cape Epic and the 94.7 cycle races. Dr Humby also took an early interest in paediatric chiropractic, treating as many babies as she could at the Chiropractic Clinic. In her final years at university she was an assistant clinician at the UJ Chiropractic Clinic, assisting younger students.
Dr Humby now works at Thrive Family Wellness in Ferndale where she loves treating the whole family, everyone from new-borns to grandparents, and office workers to athletes. Holistic care is of the utmost importance to her.
When Dr Humby is not treating patients, she is spending time with her family, running or mountain biking, or volunteering at children’s homes.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me!
Book an Appointment!
Call: 083 429 6691
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 07:30 – 17:00
SATURDAY: 09:00 – 12:00